Welcome to one of the best youth programs in Canada. With nearly 75 years of rich history, tradition and tens of thousands of Air Cadet graduates, you are truly in for the ‘flight of your life.’
Air Cadets is a program geared to youth between the ages of 12 and 18. While the ‘Air’ in our program will give you the excitement of flying a glider or airplane, we have plenty of other fun, rewarding and challenging opportunities just waiting for your participation.
Requirements to Join
- Between 12-18 years of age at time of joining
- A Canadian Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- Be in good physical health
- Be of good moral character
Ready to Join?
One of the best ways to figure out if Air Cadets is right for you is to come out for a few weeks and try it!
Begin your registration at https://app.cadets.gc.ca/cadet-registration/get-started.html and search for 128 Thorold when it asks you which unit you’re interested in.
What do I need to bring to join?
There are a few things we’ll need for each new cadet. For your convenience, you can download some of the forms below, print them, and fill them out in advance.
- A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR PROOF OF IDENTITY
Bring one of the following:
a) a valid Canadian passport; OR
b) a birth certificate issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial or federal government agency; OR
c) a valid resident card; OR
d) a valid identification card issued by a Canadian federal, provincial, territorial government agency
- A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR HEALTH CARD – (both sides)
- APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP CF 1158 – (09-2012) COMPLETED AND SIGNED [Click here to download]
- CADET CODE OF CONDUCT FORM COMPLETED AND SIGNED [Click here to download]
- SPONSORING COMMITTEE INFORMATION – FORM COMPLETED
- CADET CLOTHING MEASUREMENT – PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME AND GENDER
- EMAIL ACCOUNT INFORMATION SHEET – COMPLETED AND SIGNED